Pages

Jul 22, 2007

COMIC-CON 2007 THIS WEEK!

It’s July, and that can only mean one thing – COMIC-CON. The yearly trek to San Diego begins this Wednesday, and this year (as usual) promises to again raise the bar higher with more panels, screenings and bigger names there touting the newest and best in pop culture film, television, comics and books.

I haven’t had much time to regularly update this site over the last couple of months, but I am going to use San Diego Comic-Con 2007 to kick off a new wave of regular posts. So stay tuned here for reviews, information, photos and everything you need to know but can’t make it to San Diego and of course, the best film discussion on the web. Guaranteed!

Oh and of course, there is that new unknown book that absolutely NOBODY purchased this weekend and nobody is reading. You know the one....HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS. But thanks to Amazon.com deciding I wasn't worth shipping to on time even though I had my copy pre-ordered for months (booo) I won't have mine until mid-week, and won't have it read until after the convention. So while trying not to hear any spoilers, I will of course be posting my thoughts next week -- which probably works out given the fact that most people will have read it by then anyway.

And if you haven't purchased the Criterion collection DVD edition of Billy Wilder's 1951 ACE IN THE HOLE yet, what are you waiting for? Stop reading this and get it now! You'll be doing yourself a huge favor. The transfer is gorgeous, the extras top-notch and I love Criterion's new-look packaging. Again, a full review of this DVD and more will be coming in the next week or so following Comic-Con.