Pages

Aug 10, 2008

I have no idea what I was smoking...

Ok so the weekend numbers are coming in, and THE PINEAPPLE EXPRESS after a very strong Wednesday and Thursday, died off over the weekend and THE DARK KNIGHT once again came in first.

I still can't help thinking that the buzz for TROPIC THUNDER, which was so strong a month or so ago has kind of died down, and the R rating will result in a lower-than-expected weekend intake. Could we have another case of SNAKES ON A PLANE here, plenty of fanboy hype with very little payoff?

So next week, STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS could do fairly well...but will it beat THE DARK KNIGHT? I still doubt it. I still don't feel the excitement for this STAR WARS film, but you can never really count out the family factor. Not to mention, the success of THE DARK KNIGHT is truly something to behold!