SHARON TATE: RECOLLECTION
by Debra Tate
Publisher: Running Press
Released: June 10, 2014
Available in Hardcover and eBook editions (including Amazon Kindle)
From Amazon.com - Considered by many to be the most beautiful woman of her generation, Sharon Tate remains a fascinating pop icon and a poster child for the 1960s. What struck most about Sharon was her gentle nature and the sheer perfection of her face, but she was far more than just a beauty. The few films she made during her brief career, including Valley of the Dolls, Eye of the Devil, and The Fearless Vampire Killers, have secured her position as a Hollywood legend. Over forty years since her last film, Sharon’s spirit and charisma lives strong in the memories of those who knew her best, and her style continues to inspire the worlds of fashion, beauty, art, and film.
Sharon Tate: Recollection is a one-of-a-kind celebration of Sharon’s life and career, her influence as a fashion icon throughout the world, and in effect presents a sociological portrait of the 1960s—its youth culture, the sexual revolution, the rise of independent cinema, and Hollywood's changing studio system. In this impressive photo book, Sharon Tate’s story emerges through quotes and short essays—recollections— by her sister, Debra Tate, as well as by those who knew and have been influenced by her.
What emerges from these pages is a stunning tribute to an unforgettable life.
- A foreword note by Sharon's husband Roman Polanski.
- An introduction and remembrances by Sharon's sister Debra Tate.
- Previously unseen childhood photos from the Tate family album.
- Original quotes and recollection essays written specially for this book by Jane Fonda, Kelly Osbourne, Bert Stern, Michelle Phillips, Patty Duke, Lee Grant, Elke Sommer, Joan Collins, Viva, Tony Scotti and Trina Turk.
- Retrospective quotes by Truman Capote, Diana Vreeland, Richard Avedon, Dominick Dunne, Warren Beatty, Mia Farrow, Orson Welles, Barbara Parkins, George Harrison, David Niven, Deborah Kerr, Yul Brynner and Kirk Douglas.
- Rare and classic photographs by David Bailey, Milton Greene, Philippe Halsman, Shahrokh Hatami, Terry O'Neill, Peter Basch, John Engstead, Peter Brüchmann, Neal Barr and Jean Jacques Bugat.
- Never-before-seen or published images of Sharon in the classic film Valley of the Dolls, digitally reproduced from their original negatives and transparencies specially for this book by the 20th Century Fox archive.
Also, if you happen to be living in Los Angeles, or will be in the area this coming Sunday (July 13), Author Debra Tate will be at the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood for a book signing, as well as introducing a double feature of her sister's films - Valley of the Dolls and The Fearless Vampire Killers (both 1967).
Ms. Tate will be signing books in the Egyptian Theatre Lobby beginning at 6:30PM with on-site sales provided by Larry Edmund's Bookshop in Hollywood. The screening begins at 7:30PM.
You can purchase tickets HERE.
Information about the event can be found HERE.